Monday, October 20, 2008

Cori Doubek, Small Town North Dakota Girl, Excels on and off the Court


Hello Jimmie Fans,


I am Cori Doubek, one of the seniors at Jamestown College, and I will be playing basketball for the Jimmie Women's Basketball team for my fourth and final year. I am originally from Anamoose, ND, a small town with less than 300 people, and I graduated with a class of nine! I participated in basketball, volleyball, and track in high school; however, I decided to continue my athletic career by participating in the sport that I loved the most, basketball.


I first attended Jamestown in the fall of 2005. I found out that it was a great campus with very friendly people. At first, basketball seemed very overwhelming for me, but as the year went on, I became close with the girls on the team, and collegiate basketball was a challenge that I wanted to continue improving on. Over four years of basketball, I have had so many wonderful experiences. I've met some of my best friends and I've worked hard to get where I am today. Playing basketball not only helps me as an athlete, but it also helps me as a student as well. I keep myself motivated, I am organized, and I manage my time between basketball, studying, and my social life. I plan to graduate on May 9th, 2009 with a Psychology and Business degree.


I am very excited for another year of basketball! My love of the game has grown immensely and it is sad to think that this is my last and final year. On that note, I plan to work hard and do the best that I can to help my team to an unforgettable season.


Cori Anne Doubek

No comments: